I have had two failed recipes using Almond flour in the past couple of weeks so I was hesitant with this creation. Lucky for me, these turned out great!
Be warned, these are not really sweet. They are warm with a hint of spice and buttery but without the butter.
1 1/4 cup Almond Flour (not Almond Meal)
3/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
2 tbsps Coconut Flour
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground Ginger
1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground Cloves
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 3.5oz container Apple Sauce or Apple Baby Food
2 large Eggs
2 tbsp's unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
6 tsps Stevia powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
3 oz Raisins, no added sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F/190C. Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cups.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
3. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine. Fold in the raisins.
5. Scoop the mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes (Mine were done at 22 mins).
7. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then go ahead and gobble one up whilst it's still warm.
8. Store these in an air-tight container in the fridge. When ready to eat, warm in the microwave for 20 seconds or eat cold.
CALORIES PER MUFFIN; 150 cals